Friday, May 14, 2010

Pop Bottle Flower Picks

For the longest time I've been wanting to make some sort of project with pop bottles, but have to be honest, they aren't the easiest things to work with! Stephen came up with a fun idea to make them into garden picks and I immidiately thought of my Mom- she has lots of great house plants and fun porch decor that she could use something like that! So these fun little flowers were her gift for Mother's Day- I loved how they turned out! She was even kind enough to send me some pics of how they look... Thank You, Mom, for being so thoughtful and for being the reason I have creative genes! :)


The big white piece at the back is the top 1/3 or so of a two liter pop bottle cut to form a flower and painted! Then I traced it onto the paper for the inner flower piece and made a small center with a circle of paper and large button. I used floral wire to make the small picture and name circles of Cooper and Ryder pop out- I got that fun idea at my favorite scrapbook store, Scrappin' Girlfirends, here in Twin Falls. A little glitter glue and a wire stake hot glued to the bottle cap finished them off. So fun to do! I'm excited to make some of these again for other gifts and for ourselves!

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...