Friday, October 17, 2008

Moved by McCain

Maybe this will be the lamest post ever, but I was really moved by this speech and wanted to share it. McCain's comments today in Florida:

"Let me give you the state of the race today. We have 18 days to go. We're 6 points down. The national media has written us off. Senator Obama is measuring the drapes, and planning with Speaker Pelosi and Senator Reid to raise taxes, increase spending, take away your right to vote by secret ballot in labor elections, and concede defeat in Iraq. But they forgot to let you decide.

I know you're worried. America is a great country, but we are at a moment of national crisis that will determine our future. Will we continue to lead the world's economies or will we be overtaken? Will the world become safer or more dangerous? Will our military remain the strongest in the world? Will our children and grandchildren's future be brighter than ours? My answer to you is yes. Yes, we will lead. Yes, we will prosper. Yes, we will be safer. Yes, we will pass on to our children a stronger, better country. But we must be prepared to act swiftly, boldly, with courage and wisdom.

I know what fear feels like. It's a thief in the night who robs your strength. I know what hopelessness feels like. It's an enemy who defeats your will. I felt those things once before. I will never let them in again. I'm an American. And I choose to fight."


This article is the script of his entire speech- finally, he gets into details of the issues and his plans compared to Obama's. I know it's all politics, but I'll take whatever hope I can get right now and these comments struck a chord with me for sure. I thought it was worth sharing ... Have a good weekend all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...