Monday, September 26, 2011

Ruffle Edge Halloween Charger



Recently at a cute craft boutique in Logan, I saw a charger on display that had the saying "A Witch lives here with her little monsters" or something similar. I thought it was so cute and grabbed this shiny black charger at Hobby Lobby for $2 to make my own!



I decided I wanted it to be more fitting for our family, so I cut the saying "A Witch, A Werewolf and their Little Monsters live here." I thought it looked pretty bland with just the words at the center, so I grabbed some polka dot ribbon I had and hot glued a crumpled ruffle around the outer rim- I love the addition of the ruffles! I don't usually decorate too much for Halloween actually, but this looks so cute on the shelf inside our front landing!



I designed the words using Sure Cuts a Lot2 and have put the scut file in my 4shared folder for fellow Cricut users like me! To cut in two different colors, I just selected and then deleted the pieces I didn't want out of that color vinyl, then cut. When that cut was finished, I undid my deletes and deleted the ones I'd already cut instead. I was able to use the same transfer paper to make sure they lined up like the whole design.

To grab the free file, click here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/oQ5BRmi_/halloween_charger.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...