Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Am Hooked!

So, I know I'm pretty much the last person I know to get on this bandwagon, but nonetheless, I want to share!! Over the holidays, Stephen happened upon a show on TLC called "Extreme Couponing" and called me in to catch snipets of it as he watched. We were both so intrigued as we watched these shoppers pay $2 for a $630 grocery trip! So we decided we would give it a try...



For a few weeks now I've been collecting and printing coupons, even getting them from Stephen's grandparents and my in-laws! I've also visited several coupon blogs that I've learned a ton from! I made a list of things we needed and set out to find coupons for them, then sat down with the weekly Albertson's ad and got organized. I could hardly sleep the night before I was so excited to see if it would really pay off. And I know it's not the most impressive savings, but I gave a little shout when I reviewed my receipt and had spent $45 and saved $64!!

My laundry detergent was normally $7.40 and I only paid $1.79!
The dishwashing capsules were normally $4.90 and I paid 75 cents!
My tube of toothpaste was free!
And boy did I wish I had more of the coupons I used on all of them- I would have stocked up!
Don't worry, I won't be taking pictures of all my grocery trips through the future, but I am hooked! I can hardly wait to do more of this and get better! I know most of you reading this are already into couponing, so do share any great trips or tips of your own! :)

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...