Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pear Crumble

Made this yummy pear crumble last night and thought I would share the recipe this morning. I love baking stuff like this because it smells so good! Our awesome neighbors had given us a bowl full of pears that needed to be eaten, so I used those to whip this up quick. Then we took it to some friends that have been sick. (I tripled it and baked two 1.5 quart pans at once.)

INGREDIENTS
3 pears - peeled, cored and sliced
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 dash ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon cold butter
2 tablespoons chopped nuts

DIRECTIONS
Place pear slices in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice. In a bowl, combine the sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly; add nuts. Sprinkle over pears. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.

P.S. I didn't have any ginger, so I left it out and it was fine. I also did warm up the butter- it wasn't very workable cold. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...