Thursday, July 8, 2010

Not Now

I've been thinking lately about this time in my life. Most anything creative I'm able to do is by the midnight oil, and even that brand of fuel seems to be in pretty short supply lately. And sleep? Ha! Let's just say time wins the battle there. It makes me feel pent up, like an itch I just can't scratch. But you know what...



...THEY are my greatest accomplishment. The time will come all too soon that I'll be able to do all the projects I have in mind as soon as I want to do them, spend my time on whatever mood I'm in, that I'll look around me and bask in organization and cross chores off lists long before the day is through. But it's not now. Now is my season for basking in happy faces and childhood laughter, for crossing off naptimes and playtimes and being content with it all when the day is done, rather than bummed for what I didn't achieve as I collapse into bed. For now, I'll do what I can as I can- I have a need to be creative, but I'll pause in the process to change diapers, build nests for toy birds, refill sippy cups and kiss chubby cheeks...


... just look at them?! What else was it I was wanting to accomplish again? ;)





Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...