Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Noozbaum Nogoxis

You know those email quizzes where you answer several questions about yourself and then pass them on? I used to always hesitate when it came to answering the question "If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be?" (or something similar).

And then once while I was watching Dr. Suess on the Loose with Cooper, I listened to Sylvester McMonkey McBean tell the plain bellied Sneetches that "By my new patent process of polar potoxis of the inner sub-nuclear noozbaum nogoxiz, you'll get a star like the star belly Sneetches! And all it will cost is three dollars eaches."


Wow! I've always really liked Dr. Suess, but suddenly I literally wondered, "How does he come up with this stuff?!?" I decided then and there that if I could spend lunch with anyone ever, it would be Ted "Dr. Suess" Giesel himself. How do you get your mind to produce that level of creativity? How do you convince yourself to live with the sincere belief that there really is an alphabet beyond the letter Z?! I'd sure like to know!


I mention this now because today is Dr. Suess' birthday! Here's a few enjoyable quotes from this amazing mastermind  to acknowledge the day:


“My alphabet starts with this letter called yuzz. It's the letter I use to spell yuzz-a-ma-tuzz. You'll be sort of surprised what there is to be found once you go beyond 'Z' and start poking around!”

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”

“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.”

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”



And if you want a fun Dr. Suess experience today, click HERE! :) Or come over to our house and we'll share a star for your belly :)



P.S... another reason to acknowledge today... Seven years ago Stephen and I went on our first date :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...