Friday, January 17, 2014

'Might as Well be Nerds Together' Valentines

Pin It!
I might be surrounded by boys around here, but somehow Valentines is still a favorite holiday. Cooper absolutely loves this time of year... before Christmas, he actually asked me how much longer there was until Valentines- silly boy :)

At night, when I lay with the boys to get them to sleep, he and I brainstormed ideas for what he could give out to his class. Last year we came up with his fun Valentines Snakes. In the process of coming up with an idea this year, he mentioned that he loves "those little tiny candies in the mini boxes." He meant Nerds- one of my favorites too!



In the process of designing a card to go with them for him, I remembered this cute saying from Dr. Suess:

Source
Isn't it the truth?! Love could be otherwise known as mutual weirdness! It always does seem like the same kinds of people just find each other... amazing really. :)

And I know, first grader Valentines aren't really about love...like at all... but I thought I'd kinda run with it :)



He was pretty stoked about how these turned out and they were super easy- just used a couple of glue dots to hold the box of Nerds to the cardstock. Plain clear tape rounded back would be fine too :) Given that there's still a month left until Valentines, it's highly possible he'll come up with some other thing, but for now, these are it and I thought I'd share :)


Pin It!



I have more fun Valentines things I'm hoping to share in the next few weeks too!
Thanks for being here,




Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...