Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ruffles!

I live in a boy's world.. and do love it! Heavenly Father absolutely knew what He was doing in sending me boys! But, I am  a girl! So I'm drawn to girly types of ideas, with no one to make them for or try them on! That's where my little neices come in- I love making them ruffly, flowery things when I get the chance.



Isn't this little apron so stinkin' cute!?! I followed this tutorial from Skip to My Lou to sew it for Quincy for Valentines Day :) My ruffle edge is far from perfect, obviously... but at least I didn't get too far and realize it should be sewed to the inside or something! ;)  I liked that this was one she'd probably be able to put on by herself since it velcros on one side!
And Coop was super thrilled to be my model for a pic... boy's world, remember? ;)


And speaking of ruffles- I LOVE this headband I made just before we left for Utah last week! I had read through this tutorial from Homestitched a while back and was able to put this together without even having to re-visit the instrictions! Will absolutely be making more of these... very comfortable and cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...