Monday, April 18, 2011

Meaningful Monday: Simple Words

Yesterday in Relief Society (yes, I was actually in RS yesterday instead of the nursery!) we sang the song that is in this month's Friend magazine as a practice song and I really enjoyed the lyrics- thought I'd share them today, along with some artwork by my favorite LDS artist, Liz Lemon Swindle.

He Came for Us

WORDS BY MICHAEL G. FACER
Music by Tom Edward Clark



When Jesus Christ was on the earth
so many years ago,
He taught our Heav’nly Father’s plan
For children here below.


Through parables, with simple words,
He said, “Come, follow me,”
That we might now have joy on earth
And live eternally.


That Easter morn, disciples ran
to see where Jesus lay;
And there they saw a miracle:
The stone was rolled away!


Chorus
He came for us; He died for us—
All to fulfill our Father’s plan.
On Calvary, Gethsemane,
He sacrificed that we might live again.



 Hope everyone's Easter week is off to a good start! Check back later on to see how cute the boys looked yesterday at Church and what I'll be working on this week for them on Easter Sunday! =)


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...