Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hello, 2013...

Source: etsy.com via Sky on Pinterest


Normally, January 1 comes around and I've had all kinds of illusions of grandeur
for how much better the year will be. For some reason,
this year I just... haven't so much.




I know there are several areas I'd like to focus on, get better control of.
One thing I have thought about is my word.
For the past couple of years I've chosen a "Word of the Year,"
something simple to think about once any illusions have worn off.
And this year, I've decided I'll go with...






Control.
Not to remind me I have to be in control of everything all the time or anything,
but to remind me to aim to do better at controlling what I can.

Remember I have Type One Diabetes? Here's the thing- I know how to take good care of myself, to do what it takes to make sure this disease isn't controlling me instead of the other way around. And I do take care of myself, just not as wholly as I could. The thing is, all too often, I need to get out of my own way so I can! I know I will be happier as I have better control in this aspect of my life specifically.


And another thing...

Source: piccsy.com via Sky on Pinterest



Seriously!

Another area I need to control better is not going to bed at all hours of the morning!
This is kinda one I think I'll enjoy NOT achieving since, well, I like staying up late :P
Still, I would be happier if I chose to get control and just go to bed already! ;)


So what's your word of the year? Whatever you plan on achieving,
I hope you do :)

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...