Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful Tree


I've seen this idea a number of times and thought the boys would enjoy it through the month,
so we whipped up a simple "Thankful Tree." I thought it turned out pretty fun!


I printed off these leaves from cloud street lab- I rather liked the colors and they were higher resolution than most others I seemed to find. The boys latched right on to the idea and wanted to write on a bunch of them at once- luckily, we were several days into November when we started ;)  I got a kick out of the things they said they were thankful for:




Ryder really just draws on his and then "translates" for me what he's happy about :)
I loved when I asked him, "What's something you're happy to have in your life, Ry?"
and he excitedly said "You!" Things like that are the BEST Mom moments :)
He scribbled another one for Keaton, too :)




Don't ya just love kids' sounded out spelling?!
TRDTL= turtle. TECIR= teacher :)
I love it!
And "Dad"- you guessed it- the first one he wrote!


They had fun taping them onto the tree too:)

By Thanksgiving, our little tree will be fulled-up pretty well :)

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...