Monday, April 1, 2013

Healthier Lemon Vanilla Cookies



I don't know that these cookies could actually be considered "healthy."
They are still a cookie, still made with a boxed cake mix...
so, I'm calling them "healthier!"
Healthier because I replaced the oil with yogurt!
I've been doing this a lot lately and really like how stuff works out when I do :)



I whipped up these particular cookies when I had family coming over for a brief visit while they were in town and they seemed to be a hit! I thought they seemed kinda dry looking at them, but the people that actually ate them said they were great!


The recipe
A Lemon cake mix
Vanilla yogurt (mine wasn't even greek style)
Two eggs
Powdered sugar

Mix the whole cake mix, both eggs and 1/3 cup of yogurt. I added about half a cup of yogurt because it seemed too difficult to mix toward the end. But I shouldn't have, because then it ended up being too sticky to roll by hand! So, the 1/3 cup measure is good- just might have to finish mixing it all together by hand or something I guess. :)


Roll (or spoon in my case :P) balls of the dough in powdered sugar and then place on a cookie sheet.


Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes- YUM!
Lemon Vanilla- that just sounds like a delicious combination to me!
And you can at least tell yourself you're enjoying or sharing a healthier cookie ;) 


Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...