Friday, September 19, 2008

Bittersweet...

Took these pics of Cooper playing in the yard last night, trying to wring out the last of summer. It struck me how he looks so big! I have to think that it's kinda bittersweet to watch your kids grow up. Each new growth is welcome and endearing, but also heartwrenching. Remember when he fit on my chest and we slept like that on the couch? Remember when I set him up in the crook of the rocking chair or in the bouncy on the table and didn't worry about him falling off? Hardly a day goes by that I don't miss the Baby Bjorn and being able to carry him next to me like that while we were out and about. He is so much happier being able to be more independent and it is nice to have him be able to follow me from place to place, or just send him across the yard to meet up with Dad. It just makes me melt to watch him toddle around, exploring and coming to show me his finds. I hope he always does that. I suppose each new month and year will be bittersweet for the rest of our lives- looking back on how he was and treasuring how he is. Gosh we love this little guy...




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...