Friday, December 12, 2008

The Santa Claus Dilemma

So, truth be told, I rather struggle with the whole Santa Claus part of Christmas. I'm finding it really hard to describe Santa to Cooper. Not like he's asking about it or anything of course, but I see him getting so excited about Christmas things this year- the lights, music, bells, etc. All the while I'm thinking to myself that I don't want to have to feed him the lines about Santa. But I also realize, what would Christmas be for a child without the jolly guy? I don't want to be the crochety Mom that doesn't allow my kid to believe. I can see how Santa is a big part of the magic of Christmas for kids and, these days, we essentially revolve around them. At any rate, luckily I don't have to explain the Santa concept to Cooper yet this year, and I think that when I do, I'll reach for those good ole' classic Christmas movies to paint the picture for me... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...