Monday, July 25, 2011

A New Goal

I get tired of seeing things in my life that need improved
and not actually doing anything about it.
I'm not the only one that gets stuck in the status quo am I?

Anyhow, I decided after we moved
that I would pick one thing and
really work on getting better in that area.

Confession: I've not ever been very consistent
in having Family Home Evening.
And there are so many great promises for families if they are!

I want my boys to be good because they want to be.
I want to be a better Mom in really bringing spiritual things into their lives.
And I feel strongly that Family Home Evening will help with those desires.
So, my big goal lately has been to have FHE!

It's been fun thinking about things to do- there are so many great ideas out there! When Taron and Keaton were with us a couple weeks ago, our FHE was about Speaking Kindly. ALL of us, Stephen and I included, need help with this sometimes!

I liked this fun idea I found HERE... 




We put rocks in each others cups when we heard unkind words and candies for kind words. We talked about how we feel when we're spoken to each different way. I think the boys responded well to this... it didn't last as long as I might've liked, but hopefully a lesson was learned anyway.


Then this last week, we took some treats around to our new neighbors. I had seen this printable and thought it was a fun, easy idea that would work well. Designed my own tag just because ;). We talked about loving our neighbors and how we have new neighbors here, then the boys helped put the popsicle packages together and off we went! This one took longer than I anticipated (should've known)! We ended up walking home in the dark with some tired little dudes, but we had some nice conversations with our neighbors!


This week... who knows. Other than the fact that it will be happening! I know that as we travel this summer it will be somewhat hit and miss, but I'm excited about doing our best to bring the blessings of Family Home Evening into our lives!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...