Monday, August 27, 2012

Establishing Traditions.... Welcoming School


Cooper took this adorable little gift to his new teacher, Mrs. Schuster, during Back to School night this last week. (I used the cute printable found here.) He couldn't have been more thrilled seeing the backpack hook with his name on it, putting school supplies in their appropriate bin, discovering the playground equipment and meeting his teacher. He thought they were best friends by the time we left. :) I got a dose of the reality of my little man going to school and felt rather overwhelmed, honestly... we'll see how tomorrow goes... PS... I love this peach mango green tea- yum!



Taking a page right straight from here, I decided it would be fun to do a nice dinner and introduce a sort of theme the night before school starts each year. I made lasagna and we talked to Cooper about a little phrase he could keep in his head to help him through the school year...


It's just a snippet from the primary song "Nephi's Courage," but it's a thought that I liked and I know that Coop knows. I know that he truly can ask his Heavenly Father for help in anything as he goes through his days at school, from crossing the monkey bars to understanding what is being taught to recovering when kids are mean. I know the Lord truly does provide a way. And hopefully he'll remember to be obedient too ;) No doubt I'll have to remind him of  this theme a lot, but maybe there will be those little times that I won't too...

Ya know, the thing about Cooper... he's really just so excited about everything! He faces life with this abounding excitement. And oftentimes it translates into disobedience or ignorance... And I surely do want him to listen and obey. But I want him to stay excited too. All the way around, by some miracle, I pray he will :)

Then after dinner, Stephen gave both of the boys a really nice Father's blessing- I remember this being a tradition as I was growing up. :) More fun first day adventures to come tomorrow! I'm sure grateful I'll have Ryder to snuggle close before I have to drive away from that little brick building with cute, colorful chairs and bright signs inside...

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...