Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Boys Rule Baby Shower

My friend Monica and I recently hosted a baby shower for a friend of ours who is expecting a little boy. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun- we had a good time putting together all the "frosting" that made it a special event for her!

These fun taffy kabobs were the prizes for a relay game we did to start the shower- carry a baby doll in the carseat to the end of the room, put on a new diaper, strap it back into the carseat and come back for the next person on the team to go. It was interesting to have everyone go through all the motions and see the kids help thier moms!

We had fun finding goodies and putting together this diaper cake as our gift to her. It was actually simpler than we expected and turned out really cute!

Through all of our efforts, I certainly figured out that frosting cupcakes is not my forte! I'll stick to designing the tags ;) That lopsided one is surely one I did- I couldn't seem to get it right for the life of me! But Monica did 99% of them and they turned out so cute, especially on the fun cupcake tier we built out of boxes.

And everyone got a fun jelly bean favor at the end! They looked so cute in this tiny little wagon! I'm loving these little cello bags right now- will be posting another project I'm doing with them before too long also.


Thanks Monica for letting me join you in making this happen- you made it fun to do! And thanks Jessica for having a baby so we could have a party! Good luck getting your little guy into the world now!





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...