Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Simple Birthday Fun


 

Grammie and Grandpa Huffaker couldn't come to Coop's birthday bbq on Monday night, so they brought Sis and came for Sunday afternoon! It was really a fun time with all of them. They brought Cooper his birthday gift, an adorable little play grill! And they brought Ryder's to give to him early...




this fun sturdy trike! Ryder's very favorite things right now are bikes, so he was thrilled! Cyndel did the bulk of putting this thing together!

We really had some yummy food while they were here- smoked bbq chicken and smoked baked potatoes! Thanks for an awesome visit Mom, Dad and Cyndel!


The next morning, Coop woke up to balloons hanging from the ceiling and his bike inside with this fun little bike basket I made for him attached! (Well, the basket liner anyway!) Inside we put several rolls of tape- which he  loves playing with lately! He blew through an entire roll in just a couple of hours! He also found these crazy bug glasses inside...


Could you die?!? This might just be another one of those blackmail pictures- so funny!





I was really happy with how all the festive "frosting" type stuff turned out! Cooper got to help me decorate everything- he loved putting these squishy bugs on his cake and cupcakes. He's really into bugs right now, so these were perfect! He also got to stick all of these cute pinwheels into each cupcake and thought they were great! Pinwheels are something that just makes me smile and Coop really enjoys them too! These were fun to make- I broke a skewer in half and then hot glued a small square of paper to the back...


We played a carnival style fishing game where the boys tossed clothespins on fishing line over the piece of plywood we propped up and got a prize in return! Cooper loves fishing, so this was perfect! Even the older kids had a good time with it. :)




Coop couldn't have been more thrilled that Taron and Keaton got to come over for the party with Grandma and Grandpa Wiggins. I love this first pic of Taron that Steve Gardner took...





Cooper loved every one of his presents this year and kept saying later that he got everything he wanted and "thank you, thank you thank you!" I really wanted a picture with my birthday boy and he was less than excited about it but indulged me anyhow...


I know, I look like I'm ready to collapse into bed- yikes! But regardless, I'm happy to have a shot of me and him on this day :)

I think he went to bed a happy, exhausted four year old- the day was all about him! Thanks so very much to our small circle of friends and family that traveled to share a special time with us!! We love this silly little dude with all our hearts... I've already told him that after he turns five next year that's the end of this birthday/ growing up business... ;)


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...