Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pinspired Pinwheel Wreath

Pin It!
I'm just drawn to pinwheels- I love how fun and catchy they are! I originally got the idea for this wreath at Neverland Nook. 

I had this paper that I've kinda hung on to not wanting to cut apart except for just the right thing. Are you like that too at all? Things that I particularly like become sacred for some silly reason! Same goes for fabric! Anyhow, I thought this was just the thing that was worth using this paper for, ya know, more than a year after I bought it. For anyone interested, it's the Salt Air Collection from Cosmo Cricket :)

I have a tutorial for actually making these square style pinwheels within this post HERE.
Or you might try the circle style I recently made also, found HERE.

For this wreath, I used 5"x5" squares/pinwheels, pinned them into the foam wreath form with straight pins, hot glued buttons at the centers, then added a coordinating piece of ribbon for the hanger.


One thing that did perplex me a bit as I was getting it all laid out seemed to be the fact that not all my pinwheels were "turning" the same direction. As in, I had folded the right side to the center on some of them and the left side on others. That probably doesn't make any sense unless you've made these pinwheels! But, if you make your own, try to fold in one side or the other for all of them- I think it'll help when it comes to getting them all to fit just right on the form :)


Anyhow, there you have it! I love that this came together fast and really pops with color and "Springyness!" It's balanced and symmetrical enough, but not perfect or prim. Just plain fun really! I don't realistically have the time or the right space to create anything fancy, so this fits. :) Thanks for looking and have a great week!

Pin It!
Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...