Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Secret Ingredient for Awesome Fry Sauce


This post is silly... everyone knows how to make fry sauce, right?
Mayo and ketchup mixed together and you're done!

The thing is, I've been mixing it up a little differently... a little yummier for sure! A lot yummier in fact. Honestly, homemade baked fries have become merely the catalyst  for this sauce! So, I'm hoping sharing the "recipe" (if you can call it that) will be something you enjoy too :)

When Stephen and I were first married, he took me to a little hole-in-the-wall place in Utah that he really liked growing up- and they had the best fry sauce! Sounds weird, I know- it's kinda all the same. But, that sauce kinda wasn't... what was in that made it different? It wasn't until fairly recently actually that I got it figured out...



Can you see it? Or tell what it is?? This awesome sauce has not just two ingredients, but four! The BBQ sauce is an obvious- you may very well have tried that before. If not- you'll love it! And that green liquid in my photo above?? (sounds gross describing it like that) 

Pickle juice!

For real- adding a small splash of pickle juice will take your fry sauce from good to WOW!
It tastes so yummy!

So the next time you make homemade fries (we love this recipe),
mix up a little bowl of:
Mayonaise
Ketchup
BBQ Sauce
and Pickle Juice

This would be great on a burger too! I never measure, just add a dollop here and there and then fix it to taste. The BBQ sauce goes a long way so start with just a Tbsp or so... and the pickle juice will thin the sauce some, so just a splash is good. Let me know if you try it and what you think! Enjoy!

Photobucket

PS... Below is the printable recipe card (just click, then right click and save to insert into Word and print) I made quite awhile back for the baked fries- obviously I hadn't figured out the secret ingredient for the sauce just yet! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...