Thursday, April 10, 2014

Double Stuffed Lemon Garlic Chicken with Kraft Fresh Take

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community. 
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
#FreshTake #CollectiveBias


I've had the thought to share this recipe for quite awhile- it's a surprisingly easy favorite that's great for average nights or special occasions both. This time around I tried out a Kraft Fresh Take meal kit that honestly made it even more simple (I'll never complain about that)! 

Pin It!


Growing up, Sunday dinner was a pretty big deal around our house. It was the nicest meal of the week. I love the idea up continuing that tradition for my own family... but, in truth, Sunday seems to fall more toward smorgasbord for us. We get home from Church and gather around our kitchen island to a spread of leftovers, finger foods and easy options. I actually really like this way of things too :)

But for special Sundays like Easter, that simply won't do- it's a perfect time to prepare something more special to acknowledge the holiday. I love creating fun table spreads, but being surrounded by boys who really don't care at all about the centerpiece, and just want to mow down the food already, means I gotta take whatever opportunity I can get to make a meal special! :)


For Easter, we usually get together with my whole family- that's us above (a blast from Easter weekend past)! We have a great potluck meal and some fun Easter egg hunts around the yard. This was the first year my Mom and Dad starting hiding eggs for us adults- that's been a fun new tradition!


Anyhow... a Spring gathering of your favorite people, like Easter always is for us, would be a great time to concoct a yummy, seemingly involved but actually simple dish like this Double Stuffed Lemon Garlic Chicken. Like I mentioned, this time I tried Kraft Fresh Take that I picked up at Walmart:


I bought my chicken with a Fresh Take coupon that gave me a $1.00 off! Through April, or as long as the prints last, you can save when you buy the two together- perfect, since, ya know, you kinda need both :)




And here's the recipe so you'll know what else to grab to get cooking- click, then right click to save and print a recipe card...



Start by cutting thick slices of your cream cheese and Cheddar, like above. I always grab Sharp Cheddar- it's just what we prefer, but any works fine.


Next, you'll take each chicken breast and slice through the middle, just not quite all the way. Then place one of each slice inside...



And sandwich back on top. :) Next, prepare two dishes- one with your milk and the other with both the crumbs and cheese from inside your Fresh Take package. I went with the Italian Parmesan combo for this recipe. I was tempted by the Cheddar Jack and Bacon- that would've been really good too!



Take each of your stuffed chicken breast and dredge first in the milk, then in the crumb mixture. Place each inside your coated pan.


Doesn't it just look kinda... pretty?! I sorta think so :)


As the final touch, take your melted butter and mix with the lemon juice and garlic powder. Drizzle this mixture evenly over the chicken...


Then put in the oven and bake!


It stays really moist and toasts up nicely. For future reference, I think I'll make sure to put the cream cheese on the outside of the chicken and the cheddar to the inside. All cooked, it's ready to be served up and become the center of a fun, special Easter meal!


We had a guest over the night I made this to share for this post and it was a hit! It really is so very simple, but a little something more than the usual too :) Here's the recipe card again and grab the Fresh Take coupon HERE- enjoy!


Pin It!

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...