Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Two Favorite Recipes

Trish requested that I post this syrup recipe and here it finally is!

Colleen's Homeade Maple Syrup
store in the fridge!
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla (add more)
1/2 tsp imitation maple flavor (little less)
Bring to boil and you're done! (Note: Don't leave the kitchen and let it boil over! Otherwise you have to boil water and scrub your stovetop with boiling water and a metal spatula... someone else told me that... he he :)

I thought at the same time I'd post one of my favorites- this apple toffee dip. It's great all year round but apples are especially yummy in the Fall!


Apple Toffee Dip
1- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup- 1 cup brown sugar
1- 3 tsp. vanilla
1/2 pkg (or so) tofee chips
Blend all ingredients together with a hand mixer for a minue or two and that's it! Slice (and peel if desired) as many apples as you'd like. (As Jackson would say- the apples are really just a means to get this stuff to your mouth :) Obviously this is pretty vague- really I just dump the sugar and vanilla in and then taste until I get it right. I also really like this without the toffee chips at all. Enjoy! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...