Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Countdown Begins

Hooray for December 1st
and the start of the Christmas countdowns!
I love advents- I remember opening little windows
in the thin, tall ones with a picture on the front that my Mom got us each year!


So, guess how I got woken up this morning?? Opened my eyes to see Cooper right in my face whispering, "Mom, can I open a present now?" :Seriously made me smile. He was talking about these presents above, which I put under the tree just last night.


Last year, I saw this Book Advent idea at Oopsey Daisy and this year it seems everyone is doing them! I've been gathering used kids Christmas books for a few weeks now to have enough on top of the Christmas stories I already had. My favorite thrifted find is this "Santa's Pants are Falling Down and Other Silly Songs to Sing!" I'm guessing Cooper will get a kick out of silly lyrics to the Christmas songs he knows... and yes, it's not being opened for our sake until number 10 or so... :)


We also have this cupcake tin advent filled with Hershey's Hugs and Kisses! I made this two Christmas' ago and still love it! Getting it out this year made me miss my bestie, I admit. We made them together back then :)




Made this one at the same time a couple years ago out of little matchboxes. Inside it, I'll put little strips of paper with a Christmas activity we can do each day!  (Haven't actually gotten it done yet... blush :) I wanted to print the ideas from I Am Momma Hear Me Roar- the activities are actually good deeds/ service related!

Hope whatever way your counting down
is making you want to wake up early for it too! ;) 
Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...