Friday, December 9, 2011

Red Burlap Wreath



Awhile back I saw THIS wreath idea on Pinterest. I wanted to make a wreath to go at the back of my mantle and decided this one would be quick and pretty. I really like how it turned out! I didn't think of it when I added the star at the bottom, but it ended up blending into the nativity really well, like the Star of Bethlehem :)


I used just one wire hanger to make a wreath form and then folded back and forth, piercing the burlap through each fold. Once all the fabric was on, I placed glue dots on the hanger in several places to catch the fabric from all falling to the bottom. I was a bit stumped on how to get the star and spray sticks to stay, but ended up setting them were I wanted with the wreath lying on the table, then hot gluing in spots that connected. When this isn't against the wall to support it, it does want to fall forward some. Anyhow, super simple, but pretty :)



Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...